This is an introduction of the Hallyu World project, which is expected to act as a hub of Korean culture and tradition.
Hallyu World embodies a vision that combines Korean culture and tradition (Hallyu) with ‘universality’ (World) to break away from nationalism and embrace a wider world.
Hallyu World is a project aimed at building cultural infrastructure to support the development and creation of cultural contents. It will also be a space where Asians can gather together to exchange cultures and create a next-generation culture.
Gyeonggi Province, Gyeonggi Urban Innovation Corporation
Theme parks, hotels, broadcasting and media/business/commercial/complex facilities, waterfront parks, etc.
Janghang-dong, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
Goals and Expected Effects
Hallyu World is a project that will see the establishment of cultural infrastructure to support the development and creation of cultural contents. It will also be a space where people from all over the world come together to experience and exchange different cultures, and to create a next-generation culture.
- Create a new concept in cultural exchange space to lead future generations
- Establish infrastructure for the research and development of culture contents, and for human resource development
- Act as an outpost to lead the industrialization and globalization of Hallyu
- Attract tourist culture facilities to promote the consumption and distribution of Hallyu contents
- Develop into an entertainment mecca that combines tourism, culture, contents, and IT
- Establish an industrial base for cultivating venture businesses
- Expand tourist accommodation facilities in the Seoul-Gyeonggi Metropolitan Area to invigorate tourism
- Establish a foundation for the sustainable growth of Hallyu with the construction of Hallyu infrastructure
- Enhance the competitiveness of the cultural content industry
- Develop tourism resources to prepare for the advent of 10 million overseas tourists
- Create jobs and cultivate cultural experts
- Strengthen cultural capacity and revitalize the local economy of the western part of the Seoul-Gyeonggi Metropolitan Area
• Excellent accessibility for foreigners visiting Korea: Located 25 km from downtown Seoul, 25 km from Incheon International Airport, and 12 km from Gimpo International Airport.
• Close to main roads and transportation facilities: Freedom Road, 2nd Freedom Road, Subway Line 3, Seoul Express Beltway, and National Road No. 1
• GTX KINTEX Station (to be constructed)
Location Conditions in Northeast Asia
• Approximately two hours by plane from major Asian economic cities such as Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Nagoya.
• Accessible by an overseas population of approximately 200 million
Person in charge of content : Gyeonggi-do Provincial Office
Content may be re-used/re-distributed only if the original source is appropriately credited,
and may not be modified and/or used for commercial purposes.