This is an introduction of the Hallyu World project, which is expected to act as a hub of Korean culture and tradition.
Hallyu World embodies a vision that combines Korean culture and tradition (Hallyu) with ‘universality’ (World) to break away from nationalism and embrace a wider world.
Hallyu World is a project aimed at building cultural infrastructure to support the development and creation of cultural contents. It will also be a space where Asians can gather together to exchange cultures and create a next-generation culture.
Theme parks, hotels, broadcasting and media/business/commercial/complex facilities, waterfront parks, etc.
Janghang-dong, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
Goals and Expected Effects
Hallyu World is a project that will see the establishment of cultural infrastructure to support the development and creation of cultural contents. It will also be a space where people from all over the world come together to experience and exchange different cultures, and to create a next-generation culture.
Create a new concept in cultural exchange space to lead future generations
Establish infrastructure for the research and development of culture contents, and for human resource development
Act as an outpost to lead the industrialization and globalization of Hallyu
Attract tourist culture facilities to promote the consumption and distribution of Hallyu contents
Develop into an entertainment mecca that combines tourism, culture, contents, and IT
Establish an industrial base for cultivating venture businesses
Expand tourist accommodation facilities in the Seoul-Gyeonggi Metropolitan Area to invigorate tourism
Establish a foundation for the sustainable growth of Hallyu with the construction of Hallyu infrastructure
Enhance the competitiveness of the cultural content industry
Develop tourism resources to prepare for the advent of 10 million overseas tourists
Create jobs and cultivate cultural experts
Strengthen cultural capacity and revitalize the local economy of the western part of the Seoul-Gyeonggi Metropolitan Area
• Excellent accessibility for foreigners visiting Korea: Located 25 km from downtown Seoul, 25 km from Incheon International Airport, and 12 km from Gimpo International Airport.
• Close to main roads and transportation facilities: Freedom Road, 2nd Freedom Road, Subway Line 3, Seoul Express Beltway, and National Road No. 1
• GTX KINTEX Station (to be constructed)
Location Conditions in Northeast Asia
• Approximately two hours by plane from major Asian economic cities such as Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Nagoya.
• Accessible by an overseas population of approximately 200 million
Are you satisfied with the service provided on the current page?