Best 5 Gyeonggi Festivals to Visit during Chuseok Holidays
Createdd 2018-09-21 Hit 217
These are some of the best Gyeonggi festivals to visit with your family during this “golden week” of Chuseok.
1. Goyang Autumn Flower Festival
An autumn flower festival is being held in Ilsan Lake Park of Goyang City at which visitors can enjoy the mood of autumn and the festivities of Chuseok.
You can celebrate this autumn in a unique fashion among autumn flowers, such as sunflowers, cosmos, and crape-myrtle, throughout this festival venue filled with the fragrance of chrysanthemums.
– Venue: Ilsan Lake Park, Goyang
– Period: September 22 (Sat) to October 9 (Tue), 2018
– Address: 595, Hosu-ro, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Contact: +82-31-908-7750~3
2. Veritable Records of the Korean Fairy Tale
Heungbu, a gambler and a skilled Nolbu; Kongjwi, who mastered martial arts; and Chunhyang, who fell in love with District Magistrate Byeon… The “Veritable Records of the Korean Fairy Tale,” an autumn festival hosted by the Korean Folk Village, presents unique re-interpretations of four Korean folk tales to give audiences fun and novel experiences.
– Venue: Korean Folk Village
– Period: September 8 (Sat) to November 25 (Sun), 2018
– Address: 90, Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Contact: +82-31-288-0000
3. Mongttang Grill Festival
The visitors can find chestnuts, sweet potatoes, napa cabbage, white radishes, catfish, eels, and jjondeugi (a chewy snack) and many other delights through hands-on collecting and hunting programs and grill them over firewood or charcoal, enjoying each in its own special way! Yum!
– Venue: Soomy Land
– Period: September 2 (Sun) to December 2 (Sun), 2018
– Address: 55-2, Gopdani-gil, Danwol-myeon, Yangpyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do
– Contact: +82-31-775-5205
4. Herb Island Perfume Shower Festival
Herb Island, with lavender blossoms blooming in June, is a popular destination with an exotic mood in the capital region.
The Perfume Shower Festival is held in the Venetian Village.
Mineral water blended with natural herbal oils is sprayed in fine particles, refreshing you with herbal fragrances!
– Venue: Pocheon Herb Island
– Period: June 1 (Fri) to October 31 (Wed), 2018
– Address: 35, Cheongsin-ro 947beon-gil, Sinbuk-myeon, Pocheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Contact: +82-31-535-6494
5. Anseong Cosmos Shepherd Festival 2018
The popular flower of autumn is the cosmos.
The sight created by cosmos blossoms and a picturesque blue meadow is an autumn scene rarely found elsewhere.
At the Anseong Cosmos Shepherd Festival, visitors can enjoy various livestock-themed programs such as hands-on herding experiences and livestock games.
– Venue: Anseong Farmland
– Period: September 21 (Fri) to October 28 (Sun), 2018
– Address: 28, Daesindu-gil, Gongdo-eup, Anseong-si, Gyeonggi-do
– Contact: +82-31-8053-7979
More good news for Chuseok!
Free tolls on three private highways during Chuseok holidays!
You can use the three private financed highways operated by Gyeonggi Province including West Suwon-Uiwang Expressway, the 3rd Gyeongin Expressway, and Ilsandaegyo Bridge free of charge on the day of, the day before, and the day after Chuseok.
Happy Chuseok to all!